About this policy
This policy applies between you (the user), and The Haigh Group Limited and subsidiary companies, including MPC Services Ltd, Haigh Engineering Ltd. We take privacy of your information very seriously and this policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of this website.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing/using this website.
Policy key definitions
“I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business (The Haigh Group Limited and subsidiary companies)
“you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website
GDPR means General Data Protection Act
PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation
ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office
Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You can read more about your rights in detail. You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Processing of your personal data
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is Z7057727.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically to:
- Carry out marketing activities
- Develop and manage our products and services
- Study how we can improve and how our customers use our products and services
- Communicate with you about our brand, products and services
- Manage our relationship with you or your business
- Comply with the relevant legislation and regulations that applies to our business.
We may collect information about you and your business through any of these sources:
- When you request information about our products and services through this website, telephone, email or in person
- When we manage the transaction of our products and services through you, someone that introduces you to us or one of your suppliers, sub-contractors or partners
- Social network e.g. if you click onto one of our advertisements
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions
We will ensure that we:
- Keep our records up to date
- Keep your data safe and private using secure data storage technologies and procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods will meet the GDPR compliance requirement
- Will not sell your data
- Seek your consent when we require it
- Provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices at all times
- Are efficient in how we fulfil our legal and contractual duties.
Email marketing messages and newsletter subscriptions
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
We may hold information relating to your business profile such as name, job title, department, organisation name, postal address and email address.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer. We may keep your data for up to seven years after you stop being a customer. The reasons we may do this are:
- To respond to a question or complaint relating to the products or services we provided (some of our healthcare products last in excess of ten years)
- To study customer data as part of our own internal research
- To comply with rules that apply to us about keeping records.
- We may also keep your data for longer than ten years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
Withdrawing your consent or checking your personal information
You may withdraw your consent at any time. This will only affect the way we use your information when our reason for doing so is that we have your consent. If it means that we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services, or if we need to hold it for legal or regulatory reasons, we will advise you.
You have the right to question any information we have about you. Please phone 01989763131 or email your usual contact in the first instance or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are:
Strictly necessary cookies: those that are required for the operation of our website such as allowing you to log into secure areas of our website
Analytical/performance cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the site when they are using it.